Last Updated on March 10, 2023 by Tariq
Looking for a one-stop shopping destination in the heart of Bangalore city?
One where you can find just about anything?
If so, Commercial Street in Bangalore is a must-visit.
This one-stop destination has everything that you need to shop for.
From street vendors selling local handicrafts to high-end boutiques and jewelry stores, there’s something for everyone here.
Located in central Bengaluru, Commercial Street is home to about 300+ shops and traders.
Earlier, this area, including Russel Market where known as Cantonment Market.
It was the main trading center for the British soldiers stationed there.
While a lot has changed today, this place retains some old charms.
Let’s look at all you need to know about this vibrant shopping destination.
- Location: Central Business District (CBD), Tasker Town, Shivajinagar. Close to M G Road and Russell Market
- Nearest metro station: MG Road
- Shop timings: 11 AM – 9.00 PM (daily)
- What to shop: Clothes, handbags, footwear, dress materials, cosmetics, jewelry, bridal wear, home décor, handicrafts, pottery, stationery, and more
- Parking: Limited paid parking on Commercial Street. You could park near Safina Plaza or the army parking area on Kamaraj road
Commercial Street is one of the city’s oldest and busiest shopping areas.
Despite the numerous shopping malls around town, you’ll always find hordes of shoppers visiting Commercial Street in Bangalore.
And this is a year-round affair, with crowds swelling up during the festive seasons.
Commercial Street is home to some of the best shopping destinations in the city and trades in clothes, footwear, jewelry, handicrafts, and accessories, and also has some popular food joints.
While Commercial Street expands between OPH road and Kamraj road, you’ll find numerous shops in the bylanes leading to Dispensary Road and Ibrahim Sahib street.
Commercial Street will be your go-to destination if you’re looking to shop for anything related to fashion and lifestyle.
From local handicrafts and Indian dresses to international luxury brands, bags, and accessories, you’ll find everything here.
You’ll also find furniture items such as couches, tables, and chairs, as well as home décor items like wall hangings, bed linen, lamps, and much more.
Looking for handicrafts? No problem!
You’ll find several handicrafts, other products like paintings, wooden furniture, and other related products.
Apart from these, you’ll also find gifts for all occasions like birthdays, festivals, and so on.
To make the most of your shopping experience and land the best deals, keep these tips in mind:
- Want the best deals? Be prepared to walk! Wear comfortable shoes that allow you to walk for hours. You could easily spend 2 to 3 hours looking for the best deals
- If you prefer not being in a crowd while shopping, you’ll be better off visiting Commercial Street in the morning, from 11 AM onwards. However, considering the walking you’ll probably end up doing, evenings are the best shopping time. You could also strike a good deal during closing hours 😉
- While most shops accept cards and UPI payments, I recommend you carry some cash. Especially for the roadside vendors who’ll have some fantastic deals on offer
- There’s a lot you can buy. If you are an impulse buyer, you’d probably want to have a list and decide on a budget. This way, you needn’t over-spend
- Irrespective of the store you are in, ensure you bargain hard. While some stores follow a fixed price policy, you could get a fair discount on the others
Places to eat on Commercial Street
Looking for a place to eat while shopping? No worries!
Commercial Street has several options to cater to your taste buds.
From the local chat shops to McDonald’s and KFC, there’s a lot for you to choose from.
Here are some of the options you could try:
- Woody’s, Ibrahim Sahib Street
- RS Shivsagar Restaurant, Narayan Pillai Street, off Commercial Street
- Bhartiya Jalpan
- U.S. Pizza, Jewellers Street
- Vishnu Sagar, Ibrahim Sahib Street
- Khan Saheb, Kamaraj Road, Off Commercial Street
- Bareerah Multicuisine Restaurant, Dispensary Road
- Sri Saravana Bhavan, Ibrahim Sahib Street
- Kailash Parbat, Ibrahim Sahib Street
- Vinaya Sagar, Narayan Pillai Street
- New Sagar Chicken Restaurant, Kamaraj Road
- Utse Kitchen, Kamaraj Road
- Sagar Chats And Sweets, Ibrahim Sahib Street
- Pasha’s Food Point, Veerapillai street, Commercial Street
- Sagar Restaurant & Caterers, Dispensary Road, Commercial Street
- De Zyka, Kamaraj Road
- Anand Sweets and Savouries
- The Bake House by Zoheb, Dispensary Road
Apart from the various branded stores, you can visit a few street vendors while shopping at Commercial Street.
They have some great options at exciting and affordable prices.
For instance, you can buy a basket from a street vendor that makes basket toys.
Another vendor might sell handmade paper items.
You’ll also find several street vendors selling handmade items like paintings, wooden furniture, and more.
Commercial Street in Bengaluru is a one-stop shopping destination.
You’ll find various products, including western and Indian dresses, furniture items, handicrafts, accessories, and more.
The place is buzzing with people throughout the day and night, making it an excellent place to spend some time.
You can also explore the area, shop for gifts for friends and family, or find something unique.
You can also dine at famous restaurants and enjoy a laid-back meal while shopping.
Over to you.
Do you shop on Commercial Street? What’s your favorite store?
Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you. 🙂